Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

is this possible? filtering, manual input ?

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx community,

Can i ask for assistance? is it possible to create a workflow with this following specification?

1. filter the file by effective date

2. Manually input the libor or rate based on the set date and source( so i want to see these field so i will know what rate i will input manually)

3. Compute the coupon rate field based on the formula ( Libor or rate field * factor field + spread field)

4. Enter factor field with a value of NA or numerical values

5. convert the file to pdf after inputting & computing the values

6 REPLIES 6
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@jaemilao 

You need to enter the dates to filter on, and you need to enter the LIBOR or Rate field. I think everything is working how you want? Let me know:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1676589473555.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@jaemilao 
I assume you want to have an Analytic App.
I gave a try but was not perfect.

For this, "( so i want to see these field so i will know what rate i will input manually)"

Since Alteryx is not working real time, so I can only show all the rate in the source file

0217-jaemilao.PNG

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

i want the effective date to be filtered based on today's date. and as mentioned, for the libor or rate, i want it to input it manually like in a form type once the effective date has been filtered out. 

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

hi ACE,

I like the suggestion of dropdown for the effective date. but can it be feasible once we selected the date, the list of the securities which have that date can be shown like in a table manner, then afterwards we can input the libor rate depending on the set date field? and the coupon rate field will be computed based on the libor field, spread & factor

As the idea is when we run this file, we can select the date that we want to run then input the libor rates  for alteryx to compute the coupon before rendering an output file of pdf

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@Ace 

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Hi - where you able to check on my reply? appreciate the help if you're not too busy

Thanks!

Labels