Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

formula component better one or more

AmiraIsbel
5 - Atom

is it better to implement a workflow with a large number of formula components or with a small number ?

AmiraIsbel_0-1597658803114.png

I am talking about such a situation where 3 formula  components  could be merged in to one ...

will number of component affect the performance or this there est practice tips ?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
bmcclelland46
10 - Fireball

I would say in general the less tools, the more efficient the workflow. Condensing the formula tools would at the very least free up some space on the canvas and would likely generate some slightly better efficiencies. However, if you are using a separate formula tool to organize your formulas and keep your sanity- it is well worth it during the design process to keep them separate.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Streamlining your workflow to fewer tools will increase efficiency. When running a workflow, you are essentially processing each record through each tool individually. The more tools you have, the more processing is being done. I suggest consolidating your formulas if possible.

For smaller datasets it won't make too much of a difference. It will make a larger impact for bigger datasets.

Labels