Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

dynamic quarterly /monthly report

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

Hi SMEs,

is there  any way that the user can generate the report based on the quarter? the flow which i have created can only generate the current quarter or YTD but i want the flow should be dynamic which can give user the option to choose any quarter or month to get the data. 

Right now i can only give quarterly or YTD option but i want these option to be dynamic and allow the end user to get the data from whatever time period they need. like Q1 Q2 Q3 or Q4

4 REPLIES 4
pdave87
11 - Bolide

@pokhan27 Hi, do you have sample data/existing output for our reference?

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

please find the sample data. 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @pokhan27 

Without specifics on how the current workflow works, i can suggest some modifications as follow:

1) if you need the user to specify the period, that calls for a user input interface, which is can be done by converting your workflow to an app.

2) there is a Date Interface Tool under the App category (black colour), which you can check out the example workflow.

3) Once the user inputs the required date range, it becomes a matter of filtering / querying your data before inputting to the further processing downstream.

Dawn.

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

like in the attached flow i can generate the each quarter or respective quarter data. But i want to let user decide which quarter they want

Labels