Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic configuration of multiple Filter

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Dataset-1                                                                                

CRNCYAmount
A100
B200
C120
D110

Dataset-2:

CRNCYAmount
A10
A100
A25
B200
B20
C200
C100
C350
D400
D100

Expected Output:

I need two outputs 

1. CRNCY and amount matched

2. CRNCY leftover items which did not match

I have created the expected output using batch macro,

connecting macro to two different filters and two different control parameters

When i used the same macro to my original data set, I'm not getting the result

dynamic configuration of multiple Filter Tools fro... - Alteryx Community

output: 1

CRNCYAmount
A100
B200

output: 2

CRNCYAmount
C200
C120
C350
D400
D100

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@BRRLL99 Are you not expecting Currency D and Amount 100 in your first output data set? they meet your first condition

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Sorry,

I have updated the dataset , 

Please look into it.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@BRRLL99 One way of doing this

image.png

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

can we do the same using batch macro?

As shown in this example:

dynamic configuration of multiple Filter Tools fro... - Alteryx Community

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@BRRLL99 The given post basically works on filters but your use-case is looking for matching and unmatched values. I am not sure this is vest suited for a batch macro. You mentioned you created a batch macro for this?

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

As shown in the image , i just created two filters , and attached control parameter each filter 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@BRRLL99 you have two input files and the requirement is to compare these two files and give the output, I am wondering how can you achive this using a filter tool? Also in your macro you are connected to only one input file. I still dont think it is a batch macro thing, i created a batch macro any way

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels