Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

cReW macro install keeps failing

anthony123
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a very frustrating problem that I haven't been able to figure out in a week. I read the discussions, but I am still not able to run workflows that employ cReW macros, even after I installed and uninstalled. I currently have the zipped folder contents extracted to:

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros. However, even after clicking install, the workflow does not recognize the macro.

anthony123_0-1581357372209.png

Do I need to extract this to a shared network folder, where my colleagues and I access this workflow? If so, where exactly?

Please help with this very frustrating issue.

Thanks,

John

12 REPLIES 12
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@prashant_bhavsar ,

1.  Please uninstall CReW macros

2.  Please Unzip to a document folder or root directory instead of appdata/Roaming ....

3.  Please install again

As an example:  Path=D:\CReW Macros\Macros

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
prashant_bhavsar
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you MarqueeCrew for your immediate response.

However, steps not worked for me. I have uninstalled. Moved CREW unzipped folder to /Documents/ and installed it again. I believe existing workflow metadata may be finding to the creators CReW macro folder. Interesting it's not giving me issue when opened directly from the email.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@prashant_bhavsar ,

After our Teams meeting, we found:

The install was ok.  

The copied workbook needed instead to be EXPORT with option to include asset(s).

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels