Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

bak file on Excel Output - Why my workflows do not create them, but my colleague's does?

JPSeagull
Asteroide

I cannot find the answer to this, but all of my workflows never create a .bak file when exporting Excel files. However, everytime my colleague opens and edits my workflows, it creates the .bak files. Obviously it has to be something with the settings. Any suggestions on what he can turn off?

Thanks.

2 RESPOSTAS 2
kathleenmonks
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JPSeagull,

There isn't a way to turn off the creation of the .bak file at this time. There is a workaround in this thread if you would like to remove the .bak files:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Make-backup-bak-file-creation-optional/idi-p...

flying008
Magnetar

Hi, @JPSeagull 

So far, all versions of the Alteryx will create a bak file with the same name when exporting an Excel file, so what you are saying may be because the version you are using sets the bak file as a hidden attribute, so you have not opened the option.

Thus, if you want delete the *.bak files, there is many workaround for do it on above post of  @kathleenmonks .

Rótulos