Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Wrong Value Returned on Random Lines

CaitlinFallows
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow which needs to work out lead time for a service. I had to take some time off and when I've come back, it seems that sometimes it decides to return a value which doesn't make sense.

The calculation is, essentially, if there is less than 85% availability on a given day (date being one of the unique parameters), do not return that as an available day. The data is formatted the same as it all pulls from one file to do the calculation.

What then happens is sometimes the workflow will return a ridiculously large number. Today, it returned 50 day lead time when I have availability from day 10, and day 40 onward has 100% availabile.

It does not cause this error on the same lines every day; it varies each time it happens. This is causing a lot of manual intervention to report the numbers correctly.

Large parts of the workflow are confidential so this may prove tricky to share the full workflow. I will look to see if I can piece together a non-confidential version in the meantime.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CaitlinFallows ,

to help we will need to see your workflow and the data. Simply drop any identifiable data columns, or just provide mock data replicating the "incorrect" result.

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

Labels