Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing multiple outputs to one workbook

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow with 3 outputs that need to write to one Excel workbook.  I have prior experience doing this, where I utilize the Block Until Done tool to allow outputs to write in sequence.  However, this is the first time doing this in an upgraded version (2022.3).  For some reason I can't get the full workflow to complete to a good end.  Is this a known issue with version 2022.3?  Any recommended ideas to get around this?  Attached is the error message I'm receiving.  

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Are you using AMP Engine? I would turn it off if you are - Workflow Configuration --> Runtime --> deselect "Use AMP Engine"

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Otherwise yes I would reconfigure it to look something like this:

Writing to Multiple Files Snap.PNG

Jake5
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, Alex!  Deselecting AMP Engine did the trick!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fantastic! Long story short, AMP Engine seems to go too fast for the Block Until Done tools - something that hasn't been properly addressed yet due to the parallel processing nature of AMP Engine.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

This has also been fixed in the latest patch for 2023.1. I ran into this last week and was able to get it to work without AMP, but after the patch, it works with AMP as well.

Labels