Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Write output gets stuck at 97%

ck2024
9 - Comet

Hey

So I've done a temporary workaround to filter and write each tab individually, but in case this happens again I would like to understand anyone's experience in resolving this.

I'm writing a file to Excel (overwrite sheet), with five tabs, one particular file has 240,000 lines and the others range from 1500 to 40,000.  The output to tabs with 1500 to 40000 lines write fine, but when it starts to write the 240,000 tab it just gets stuck at 97%.  If I filter the path output to just this 240,000 it outputs fine...

Even tried leaving it overnight but the PC just went into hibernate  

Any thoughts welcome!  

Thanks

Cass

4 REPLIES 4
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ck2024 

It sounds strange, i did not encounter issue with writing almost a million lines. Could it be a memory issue with your local machine?

It may sound like a not so elegant fix, perhaps you can do the write in 2 tranches of 120,000 each:

1) first tranche: set to overwrite tab

2) second tranche: set to append records and skip fieldname

to enable this you need a block until done to avoid access conflicts.

hope this works for you

dawn

ck2024
9 - Comet

Thanks Dawn - I think part of the problem might be related to the AMP engine - a file just would not read today no matter what i did, and as soon as i unticked the AMP engine away it went...is that normal behaviour or does it point to a problem with my PC maybe?

Thanks

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sometimes AMP Engine may cause the errors. When PC's memory is not enough, AMP Engine can behave strangely.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ck2024 

Sounds like AMP engine memory issue.

one way to circumvent is to cut into smaller pieces when you write (but that’s annoying!!!)

Dawn 

Labels