Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflows deployed on shared drives with different file path definitions

mark007
8 - Asteroid

Hi community

I am working with a customer that wishes to deploy a workflow on a shared OneDrive where the OneDrive folder has a different path for the two machines and they want both users to be able to open, run and interrogate the workflow.

This is seemingly straightforward using Action tools to change the path, however, they only run when deployed as a macro or as an Analytics app.  The former is unnecessarily messy (given there would need to be two layers to the workflow), the latter works fine but doesn't meet the need for both users being able to interrogate the workflow as once the app has run the workflow doesn't retain the data points. 

Dynamic input is an alternative but doesn't solve for the output files and equally, doesn't allow the user to select the behavior.

All ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mark007 

Is the path generally the same other than the username? Have you looked into relative paths? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/t...

When I collaborate with my team on shared drives everyone's required to use relative paths so the workflow runs without issue no matter who opens it. 

mark007
8 - Asteroid

You've nailed it.  Thanks so much @Luke_C !

Cheers

Mark

Labels