Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow produces results on desktop but not when run on the server

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow that runs from the server on my desktop. When running it on the desktop, it produces results. But when I run it on the server there are no results.

10 REPLIES 10
Raj
14 - Magnetar

there are some possible issues such as

1. Data source connectivity: Ensure that the server has access to all data sources used in the workflow and that the correct credentials are provided.

2. Required libraries: Make sure that all required libraries and dependencies, such as custom plugins, are installed on the server.

3. Permissions: Ensure that the Alteryx service account has the necessary permissions to access the necessary files and folders.

4. Configuration: Check the server configuration and make sure it meets the minimum system requirements for Alteryx.

5. Workflow design: Some desktop-specific features may not work on the server. Check for any unsupported features in your workflow and consider alternative solutions.

6. Log files: Check the Alteryx server log files for any error messages or warnings that can help identify the cause of the issue.

Labels