Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow failed to run || Make sure the file path is correct. (ToolId: 1)

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I tried to run a workflow from Gallery, but received error messages but actually the files are there in the Shared path –

EN6924_0-1685111156835.png

However from Designer desktop, the workflow is running smoothly.

Can't upload the workflow here.

Please assist.

8 REPLIES 8
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@EN6924 

the alteryx server service user must have permission to this folder

EN6924
10 - Fireball

How can I mitigate the issue?

Please help

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@EN6924 

I don't know how the alteryx server is configured. but the user who runs it even though you are in the gallery is another. if the user of the alteryx service does not have permission to this area of ??the network there is nothing to be done. just asking permission for the alteryx server user that runs in this environment that you are running in the gallery

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @EN6924 

Contact your Alteryx server admin.  They should be able to tell you the service account that gallery runs under.  Once you know the service account, contact your Active Directory team and request that the the service account be given read(and write if required) access to the paths.

Dan

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi danilang

I found the Service Account under Gallery have 'Viewer' role assigned. 

EN6924_0-1685335440180.png

Should I have to change the role type?

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi geraldo

I checked and found that the Service account which we are using have been already added under Administrator.

EN6924_0-1685337786469.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @EN6924 

The service account doesn't need to be a Curator in the Gallery, though it might help with tracking down issues.  It DOES need Read/Write access to the network path(s) that you listed in your first post.  This can be accomplished by your Active Directory administrators.

Dan  

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Okay, I will check with the Teams then. Thank you

Labels