Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Schedule Errors

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm having these errors on the schedule for this workflow. It works well when I run it manually, but the schedule is not working. Does somebody have a solution for this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Mayra2291 the key here is that it can't find the files. When a workflow is scheduled it is being executed as a "Run As User". This could be a system account or another service account. In any case, the issue is likely that this service account doesn't know what your R drive is. 

I would suggest:

1.) Try going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow Dependencies and click "All UNC" on the bottom left corner of the window that pops up. This will change your R mapping to the full network path that these files live in. That way if the issue is that the service account doesn't also have an R drive mapped that this issue will be resolved. 

2.) If #1 doesn't fix your issue, my best bet is that you don't have a Run As user configured and therefore a system account is trying to access the files and it doesn't have the necessary rights. If this is the case, a Run As user will need to be set in the Alteryx System Settings.

Mayra2291
7 - Meteor

Hi @BrandonB,

Thank you so much for your response. I applied the first solution, which worked for most files. However, I'm using a wildcard in the Daily Photo input to get all the CSV files in that folder. I think that might be causing the issue. Is there a way to solve this issue?

LNGRIFL
6 - Meteoroid

@Mayra2291 , You also need to make sure the RunAs account has permission in the folders/directories to read/execute and possibly modify the files in them.

Labels