Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Messages - cleanup or hide?

severhart
8 - Asteroid

Putting this out there so I can read through some responses when I get back from the holiday break (I'll be back online Monday 11/28). I have a workflow that outputs ~115 messages when it runs. Is there a way to hide some of these?

For example, can I suppress the message output for the "Auto Field" tools so I don't get all the rows of data from these every time I run it (one of them has 27 entries alone)?

I'm experimenting using the Developer tools and inputting my own messages for items I want to watch for in the workflow but it's difficult to find them when my list of messages is so long.

My company just upgraded us to 2022.1 from 2019.3 so I'm catching up on all sorts of new features and options. 

4 REPLIES 4
n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I completely empathize with you. Overabundance of messages is bleh. If you are running your own tests, I don't really see the need for auto-gen if you don't want to see them. Of course, you're going to want to see standard red errors and potentially even truncations/conversion errors, but do you need the union yelling at you for having mismatching schemas? No, and there is an option for that. Best of luck, you got this.

severhart
8 - Asteroid

Ah, thanks for the note. I figured it was a longshot! :) 

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

You could add this to the Ideas portal.

severhart
8 - Asteroid

thats a great idea! thank you!

Labels