Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why Alteryx killed Desktop automation tool?

akshaydalvicia
7 - Meteor

Why Alteryx killed Desktop automation tool?

For a small company or individual who cannot afford $$,$$$ a year for Alteryx server, how are they supposed to run the workflows in an automated manner. Alteryx promotes themselves as automation company but on the contrary took the automation power away from small companies. Let me know what are my alternatives to run/schedule the workflows in an automated timely manner?

3 REPLIES 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @akshaydalvicia 

I would highly suggest speaking with your account executive and solution engineer in contact with your company to make sure that your final decision aligns with both your immediate and longer-term objectives. 

1) I would recommend checking out this link for possible solutions.

2) As a workaround without a scheduler license, some users have used the CReW ListRunner macro - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CReW-Macro-Support/ta-p/465740

Hope this helps, if it does please like the post and mark it as a solution. 

akshaydalvicia
7 - Meteor

Thank you PanPP I will take a look a look at the suggestions above and revert back. Appreciate your answer on this.

akshaydalvicia
7 - Meteor

Thank you PanPP, I used your point number 2 solution for now and looks like it is working for me. I was able to schedule the workflow using Windows task scheduler and using the "List Runner" in between.

Labels