Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Where did the Run Workflow & App buttons go?

Inactive User
Not applicable

Having just updated to 2021.3 Designer, I was disappointed to notice the Run Workflow button or Run Analytic App button have both disappeared...

Can this be added back using a setting somewhere? Or have these been deliberately removed?

Having to click through several steps to run an app which I already have open, is beginning to annoy me and is soooo slow.

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Could you share a screenshot of what your Designer window looks like? There's no setting to add/remove this that I'm aware of.

In the meantime, the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+R to run the workflow might be useful. 

tackett1218
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I encountered the same problem when I upgraded this morning. Below is a screenshot.

Thanks,

Josh

tackett1218_0-1629141434657.png

tackett1218
5 - Atom

Hi,

Anything on this issue?

Thanks

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tackett1218, @Inactive User,

I'd suggest contacting support

Regards

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I have a co-worker whose screen-size doesn't adjust correctly.  When he had in interfaces docked on the right it pushes the buttons off the screen.   Those should always be fixed in the upper-right if you have your screen maximized.   Try turning off or moving anything that is docked on the right.  This is crazy to have to do that, but may just bring it back.

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

I too am experiencing the same thing. I have my screen maximized and just realized that without a run button, there is no stop button. I've had a workflow running that needs to be stopped so I have to just close it out. I will be contacting client support as well but wanted to mention it's more than one user seeing that issue.

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

I found this info while I was submitting a ticket for help. It did fix the issue. 

DE34389-The Run button, Schedule Button, and the a... - Alteryx Community

Labels