Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

When the Text Box kept as Blank it should take available data and update the cell.

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I'm trying to create a Analytic app using some tool like List Box and Text Box. 

So here I'm not sure how to make sure when the Text Box kept as Blank it should take available data and update the cell.

SnipImage.JPG

SnipImage.JPG

22 REPLIES 22
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

I'd approach it like this:

#2.png
i.e. if the cell is empty, take data from a different column, else use the user input from the textbox

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the quick reply!

I think was missed to add my workflow snapshot.

I had already updated the replace formula. Request you please take a look to that and help.  Thanks!

SnipImage.JPG

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Could you please advise on this issue?   Thanks!

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@Shakil1 Where does "XXXXXX" come from? Is this a value you have assigned if the cell is blank? The screenshot doesn't provide enough context.

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

The main motive is, if the Text box is empty, it should take the "Status" column (available text from the particular cell).

"XXXXXX" It's a sample text given, so whenever "Text box" is updated so that it can replace it (I'm not sure what formula will work here so I had used this formula)

Could you please help me out with the correct formula to use?  So, it should replace the Status column date to blank cell.  

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Could you please provide an update on this?   Thanks!

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Please advise on this as soon as possible. I had stuck from last 1 week on this. It will be a great support for me.  Thanks!

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Hi @Shakil1 . I built a quick test app for this. When I added the output, I had to add a file browse to the output and then remove in order for it to work. When it runs, I do get the message "There Were No Output Files", but if I click on show output log, It does reference the Output .yxdb file. You can open and see that it is there. Are you receiving a different message? Also, check to make sure there is no default text in the text box configuration.

Snag_9b28a94.png

Shakil1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the reply!

I do not have any issues with my output files it's working as needed.

The problem is here, if the Text box tool is empty, it should take the "Status" column (available text from the particular cell) and it's not working as needed. (Please refer the below screenshots.

So, I'm not sure where I'm wrong.  Please help me to fix this as soon as possible. I really appreciate what you did.  Thanks!

Labels