Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

What would be the Efficient way & Best BI tool to use with the output data from Alteryx ?

Abhishek
5 - Atom

Hi there , 

What would be the Efficient way & Best BI tool to use with the output data from Alteryx ?

We are checking towards automating the things . 

Appreciate your help. 

4 REPLIES 4
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

That's a big question.  Best is a relative term.  Your team should sit down prioritize what you want from a BI tool.  I've listed some considerations below.  Incorporate that into a discussion about how it will be used and who will use it.  Primary consideration should be whether your BI environment will be self-service or whether BI will be delivered to users.  Some tools are easier to learn than others, and some vendors good with training and others are not.  I would consider Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, and Qlik, but I am sure lots of folks have opinions on this.  And of course, cost is going to be a factor.  

Connectivity - what can the BI tool connect to 

Speed & Volume - how fast does it load large data sets (this is HUGE)

Visualization Types - not all BI tools have all visualization types (ex. Spotfire doesn't have an out of the box area chart)

Functionality and Features - what can it do and what can it not do

Incorporation into your ecosystem - a lot of companies go with PowerBI because they already use MS products and it incorporates well with those 

What do you have to purchase - how many products do you have to purchase to deliver BI to users in a way that makes sense for your company; make sure you understand what is "out of the box" and what is an add on purchase and the value those add ons do or do not give

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think it's fairly uncontroversial to say it would be between Power BI and Tableau in 2022. Both work well with Alteryx.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I hate PowerBI and would choose Spotfire over PowerBI.  I keep hearing Tableau is wonderful but have never worked with it.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I would like to amend my earlier statement. 

I think it's very controversial to say.....

Labels