Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What tool is best used to remove suite from an address?

nberumen
7 - Meteor

Hello All 🖐!

I was trying to use a filter tool to filter out suite numbers from the Billing City / District column by using a contains formula ex. "Contains([Billing Address], "Suite") OR Contains([Billing Address], "Ste" 

but it also brought in data that did not have suite numbers but had "Ste" in the word as shown in the table below. What is the best approach to not catch those cities containing "ste" in them and the best way to properly parse the addresses to the appropriate column?

Record IDBilling NameBilling AddressBilling City / DistrictBilling State / ProvinceBilling Country
317Jump333 Center ParkSTE 333Lineville CA 88822United States
103Tech5 Doe DriveSuite MMouth Junction ND 11111United States
310Brains999 West Hill Drive, Suite 222Foster Plains CO 99999United States 
523Stroll1111 Firm WayWestminster MA 55555United States 
118Bop555 Penny DriveFeasterville PA 11111United States 
354MD13 Land AveLancaster NMUnited States 

Desired Outcome: 

Record IDBilling NameBilling AddressSuiteBilling City / DistrictBilling State / ProvinceBilling Zip codeBilling Country
317Jump333 Center ParkSTE 333Lineville 8CA8822United States
103Tech5 Doe DriveSuite MMouth Junction  ND11111United States
310Brains99 West Hill DriveSuite 222Foster Plains  CO99999United States
2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @nberumen,

One way to achieve this is using Regex. I used this pattern in a REGEX_Match function:

.*\bSTE\b.*

This will return true if STE appears as a word in the text.

IraWatt_0-1664220657275.png

If you want to learn more about Regex the community has some really quick interactive videos on getting to grips with it here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Parsing%20...

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

nberumen
7 - Meteor

Thank you!!

Such a simple solution and it works great, I really appreciate the help!

Labels