Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What to download in order to install R for Alteryx Designer?

AlsTricks
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I would like to install R in Alteryx and I am finding the process for doing so confusing.

There is a webpage that sets out the use of the R tool in Alteryx. This includes a link to the “Predictive Tools 2022.1 update”, which is included as part of the Alteryx licence portal.

However, there is no obvious mention of the “Predictive Tools 2022.1 update” within the portal, as my attached screen shot shows.

Could you please let me know what I should be downloading and installing in order to use R in Alteryx?

Thank you!

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @AlsTricks,

Yes, this is kind of confusting. I am not sure why the button says "download", it's not a download button but just a version select button. 

1. Select Alteryx Designer 

FrederikE_1-1684147617524.png

2. Choose your Version

FrederikE_2-1684147629748.png

3. Select Predictive Tools.

FrederikE_3-1684147646968.png

This will download all the R Packages that official Alteryx Tools use (And also additonally the Machine Learning Tools). 

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@AlsTricks ,

I do not see your screen shot, but if I go to "Downloads" page below

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Downloads-Licenses/tkb-p/downloads

and sign-in to the page, select the old version of licensing portal, select the version 2022.1, and then I can see the screen below.

Do you see anything different?

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1684147882959.png

AlsTricks
7 - Meteor

Thanks @FrederikE and @Yoshiro_Fujimori - I have it working now!

Alex

Labels