Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What is the Find Replace order when it does the vllokup?

AdrianSanchez
6 - Meteoroid

hello,

If the Find replace tool finds me a value in a table that has duplicate values and I want to bring me another column associated with that value, which value would bring me the first one found or the last one?, I thought it worked like the vlookup of excel but I have done a test and I see that it brings me the last value found, can anyone confirm it?

For example 

Find table
a

table2.
a10
a20

Result 
a20

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

@AdrianSanchez I'd imagine the tool essentially makes its way down the list of lookup values and replaces them as they go, so during the run, it'll find the a match and append the 10 result, then find the match again and replace it with 20. If you're wanting to replicate a vlookup then you can do this with a join like so - just choose your fields which will contain matching values as the join condition:

DataNath_0-1668095727852.png

Labels