Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Watermark with transparent table

Karlygash_M
8 - Asteroid

Hello dear Alteryx users, 

I am trying to add Watermark to my my report. The report itself consists table, header and footer images and other text tools.

The problem is that when I am adding watermark to the pdf the watermark is not showing fully. So I guess i have to make the table as transparent. But havent found this option in Alteryx table tool

I have attached output and sample workflow here 

Hope we can find solution together 😊

alteryx watermark output.PNG

water.PNG

footer.PNG

heaader.PNG

  

12 REPLIES 12
jdminton
12 - Quasar

Interesting issue. I don't use the reporting tools often, but I see your issue. I would report to Alteryx as it looks like the overlay tool isn't putting the table under the watermark. I thought based on the browse and your image that maybe changing the background color on the table to "None" would fix, but that's not even an option. Even worse, when you create a real PDF file, you don't even see the letters of the watermark partially under the table. The table is clearly being placed on top of the watermark.

jdminton_0-1685704469041.png

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Karlygash_M  -- your image of "Not an Invoice" has a white background, not a "clear" background.  You have to use a editing tool to remove the background before loading the image.  I used GIMP 2.10 and did it quickly.  I am not a photo editing expert, but Google helped me with that.  😀  -- I played with the Overlay a bit and reversed the set up, also putting the watermark in the middle.  I cant get the render tool to function properly yet though when creating the temp PDF as it is spacing the parts out instead leaving it like it is in the prior Browse Tool which looks like what you wanted.  I will continue to poke at this and see what I can figure out about render tool.  

DanielG_1-1685705678513.png

Karlygash_M
8 - Asteroid

@DanielG  hello, thanks for quick response and for your help

I tried your option, but when I am exporting as a PDF all sections divided into several parts

Karlygash_M_0-1685706302892.png

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Karlygash_M  - that is the part I am still looking at.  It is teasing me because it looks so nice in the preceding browse tool then the render tool messes it all up.  Haha.  Hoping I can figure that out soon, or someone else knows more about the Render and can comment in here too.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Karlygash_M  -- it doesnt make sense as there is only one item going into the render tool which looks like this:  

DanielG_0-1685711420740.png

However the render tool apparently can't handle the layering and separates them out when creating a PDF.  I tried creating it as a temporary PNG file and it seems to work, which may or may not be a viable option for you.  Hopefully it is.  I did not test any other output types at this time.  

DanielG_1-1685711562180.png

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Sorry if I shuffled other stuff around in my testing.  You may need to reorder your images/header, etc.  Tried to simplify it a bit so I could keep it straight in my head.  Reporting Tools are not my favorite things to deal with, and you can see why.  haha.

Karlygash_M
8 - Asteroid

@DanielG  hi

Thanks for your help

Seems like pdf does not have an option with transparent table

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Karlygash_M  -- check this out.  I think I got something that is viable to work.  Basically I render it as a temporary PNG file first, then bring it back into the workflow and render it as a PDF.  It seems OK to me, but probably will require further customization on your end to perfect for your specific business needs.

Hope this helps get you closer to a solution!  Let me know what you think.  😁

Karlygash_M
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DanielG 

I did the same way that you did, but very strange when I am converting pdf using render tool I am getting only output from png and it is not exporting as a pdf

Karlygash_M_0-1685964906014.png

Karlygash_M_0-1685964989878.png

Labels