Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Waterfall chart in interactive charting tool

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi, 

I found the post about how to create a waterfall chart using the Chart Tool, and have managed to follow how to create a waterfall chart using it, but this tool appears to have been replaced with the Interactive Charting Tool. 

I can't figure out how to translate the waterfall chart from the Chart Tool into the new Interactive Charting Tool. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

PuffinPanic

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @PuffinPanic 

Assuming that you're referring to example that @CharlieS provided here, I can get close, but there are a few features that don't exist in the Interactive Chart tool.  One of these is the ability to explicitly specify the colour of a bar using the value of a field.  The best that I can get is to pick scales that match as close as possible

danilang_1-1625671434726.png

For the plot column I uses the blue sequential scale, which is close but still has light blue bar under the diff bars.  To work around this I used the same light blue colour for the background of the chart  For the Diff  bars I used Light24 scale which starts with green and red values

Dan 

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Yes, that post. Apologies for not linking it in the first place. 

Thanks for providing a solution, I'll have a look and see if I can get it to work - I'm pretty new to the reporting tools so I'm still feeling my way through them. 

Thanks again

PuffinPanic

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

This solution is absolutely fantastic, thank you! 

I have managed to update a few of the settings so that I have just what I need which looks like this. PuffinPanic_0-1625754221796.png

Thanks again for your help

PuffinPanic (relaxing, no panic now!)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Nice @danilang 🙂 something new to learn.

Charles
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

I would love to share with you how to make beautiful charts in Google Sheets and Excel. I used ChartExpo™ to make 50+ types of charts in just few clicks.
There is no requirement of coding skills.

Sharing a video to watch how easy to create charts in Google Sheets and Excel.

How to create Sankey Chart?

Installation Source:

ChartExpo for Excel
ChartExpo for Google Sheets

Regards!

Labels