Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Water Name Continuity Check throughout India.

Labhesh
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck somewhere in spatial analysis.

I have 2 input:

1. Water.yxdb (all India 36 states)

2. State.yxdb (all India 36 states)

I want to extract records where water name is changed, when that eater region it flows to another state with different name.

You can the the capture image.

As,Where red denote state boundaryline . In Maharashtra =Swarna Reservoir  and Telangana=Swarna Dam but correct name in Telangana should be "Swarna Reservoir" as of Maharashtra.

i just want to extract these records where this condition fails wrong water name while changing state throughout india.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Labhesh 

This seems possible to identify where bodies of water change names at state lines. As far as the "correct" name goes, if that require data on the directional of was flow to determine the "eater" region in each case. 

Can you share those two .yxdb files you mentioned here for the Community to test with?

Labhesh
7 - Meteor

Hi  @CharlieS

Thanks for your support.

1. i just only want to extract those, which are candidate for changes, As far as "Correct" names goes i can check those records and update them as they needed to be updated (Some of them can be exception also). Directional of water flow doesn't matter while fetching these records.I can have them checked manually.

2. About sharing the .yxdb i cannot because those file are with me on my technical zone, so i do not have rights to share these files. As we are using alteryx designer offline not online.

Can there be any other method as i am not able to share these .yxdb file with you?

P.S by mistake i have written "Water region"  as "Eater region"

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Labhesh 

I put an example together that creates some state/river data so we don't need to share any yxdb files. This workflow shows how you could identify locations where the water name change and where the state changes as well. Take a look at the attached workflow and let me know if that helps. 

Quick notes:
- Use the Buffer tool to add a small geography around your water bodies to easily identify where they overlap/border bodies of water with a different name. (Spatial Match all water polygons and output Intersection Object)

- Use these the Intersection Object (where two differently named bodies of water occur) and compare that to the state input so you can see if there are also multiple state matches. 

20210823-WaterContinuity.JPG

Labhesh
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS 

Thanks for the solution. 

It worked and i was able to detect records which are issue though some are exceptional.

Thanks

Labels