Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Video starts loading then I get moved to this page without the video playing

nyck3333
8 - Asteroid

I have a BCS and one course away from MSCS from a top 50 school so am not non-technical.

Please fix your academy asap as I want to learn Alteryx for my next gig but everytime I try to load a video, it does not play and I get moved back to this academy "home" page. 

Perhaps consider outsourcing academy to Edx or Coursera because this is useless.

4 REPLIES 4
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @nyck3333 
Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Academy. 
Can you please let me know what specific video you are having trouble with and what web browser you are using? I want to carry out the same steps to see if I experience the same, and help you best.

Additionally - can you try loading the video in an incognito tab? I've had issues with my adblocker blocking elements on the page before.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Bulien
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

After looking within the Community, it could be related to browser or security settings. Are you able to carry out the steps in this article?
Let me know if you need any help:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Academy-Videos-Redirecting-to-main-Community-pa...

Kind Regards,

Owen

Bulien
nyck3333
8 - Asteroid

It might have been that on Firefox but that link said, "Chrome recommended" so I just opened it in Chrome.  Thanks!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem! Glad we could get that working for you. Generally, I find Chrome is more supported (especially now with edge being powered by Chrome), so always worth giving that a go when Firefox fails.

If you're up and running, feel free to mark my replies as a solution so that other users are able to find this post when they experience similar issues 😁

Kind Regards,

Owen

Bulien
Labels