Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Variance Inflation Factor

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

In Linear regression (multiple), I am using predictor variables that I know are corelated. Now to understand their effect on the model I wanted to look at VIF. Please guide how to get VIF in Alteryx and also if there are other/better ways to assess impact of multicolinearity on the model.

3 REPLIES 3
DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ashish,

Attached is a yxzp file that contains an example module where a model is run and the (G)VIFs are calculated and appended onto the Report that comes out of (in this case) a logistic regression tool. For continuous variables a traditional VIF (variance inflation factors) is reported, for categorical variables the Generialized Variable Inflation Factors of Fox and Monette are reported. Once you extract the workflow, the workhorse macro (vif.yxmc) will be in a folder called vif_example.

Dan

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A quick follow on, the vif.yxmc macro will work wfor models created with the Linear, Logistic, Count, and Gamma Regression tools.

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot DrDan! Really helpful!. 

Labels