Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using the Interface tool to direct a process flow

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

In utilizing the interface tool, specifically the radio button and actions tools, my endeavor is for the logic to take the top 'green' Reporting path if radio button = "Yes" and take the bottom 'red' Reporting path if radio button = "No". 

Can someone help me with constructing the Interface logic properly to divert the logic path according to whether one selects, 

"Yes", or "No" ? See image below. 

thanks

Chris

yes no radio button logic.png

6 REPLIES 6
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Archaeopteryx ,

what about using a Detour tool? Default path could be "green" and by ticking a check box you select the "red" reporting path.

Best regards

Roland

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Can you provide an example where a check box would take a detour to one of two reporting paths?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've created a very simple workflow, but I think it shows the functionality.

The default option is "Report Totals" (means the "left route"), if you tick the box it is switched to "Report Details (means "right route").

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Thank you for your help, but I'm on version 2019.2. I cannot upgrade as our server is also on 2019.2.

Thanks

Chris

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Try that one, I've changed the version reference.

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hello All,

Thank you all for your help. I was able to create a workable solution through research and experimentation. I do not think it that terribly elegant and code had to be used. But, admittedly, I have a ways to go in my Alteryx training. This solution works as intended although I do not understand the counter intuitiveness of the code highlighted at the bottom. I'll not agonize over it, just accept it. Thanks again everyone that contributed. 

action tool and code.png

Labels