Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using Sharepoint data - how to tag line items entered in the past month

adriennelenker
7 - Meteor

Hi community,

I have Sharepoint data that's being added to constantly, the task is to tag and/or group the records that were added in the past month. For ex, in Tableau, I have a list chart of all the records, and the ones added in the past month will be shaded yellow.

I have 2 questions

1) Does SharePoint have metadata or something that records the date the record added, and I could use an Alteryx logic that selects the past month's records. OR should a column be created in Sharepoint in which the user enters the date they added the record. 

This column doesn't exist right now, so for the ~40 or so records added in the last month, out of the 200 records in the whole list I can't know exactly the 40 records that were added in the past month, which I why I brought up metadata.

2) Supposing I create the new col for "Entry added date", is there a simple Alteryx code for selecting the records in the past month, or any time period? Not sure if the new field needs to be adjusted to a date field or left as a string.

ex IF "entry_date" is less than 30 days then "New records"

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0
Labels