Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using Render tool to Colour Excel Sheet Tabs

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Is it possible to color the tabs out an excel output of the render tool? 

It would be useful as I have many tabs in my excel and I would like to color them.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This may be an option - using templates: Making Column Headers/Tabs colored - Alteryx Community. Otherwise I don't think this is possible!

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @wonka1234 

Blog tools to the rescue!  Output to a bob of a template.

I've tinkered with decompiling and parsing styles and themes xml within Alteryx of xlsx files in the past, though gave up, though it may be possible to modify the tab color value within the xml and recompile the xlsx.  Not certain.

1.PNG

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@HomesickSurfer @alexnajm 

Interesting. How can I do this with a render tool? I output my file using Render, and I want to overwrite the existing file and keep the color tabs.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @wonka1234 

Render won't allow to preserve.  Config a Output Data tool as follows.1.PNG

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@HomesickSurfer any work arounds? I have tables  I need to output in the alteryx table format.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @wonka1234 

Render once and then next runs replace range with Output data tool.  It's the same as 'Paste Special' without formatting, preserving the destination file formatting

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@HomesickSurfer 

What should go in the "Field Containing File Name or Part of File Name" ?

I have two options here - "Layout" or "Tab Name" (tab name refers to the names I made tabs for going into the render tool).

Also do I need to fill out the Write to file or DB section? When I fill it out It says I need to give a sheet name.

Labels