Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using Download to drop file in S3 bucket, works in Designer, but not in Gallery???

LBCoEnterprises
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow where I am creating a .csv file and then dropping it into an S3 bucket for our team.

workflo.png

When I run this from the designer desktop, it works every single time without failure.

I get the message that 1 record was transferred.

1des.png

And looking at the download headers I get the HTTP 200 OK message.

2des.png

I also get confirmation from the team that the file did indeed show up where it was supposed to in the S3 bucket.

------

Now I want to put this same workflow on the gallery to put it on a schedule to run each day.

I still get the same message that 1 record was transferred.

3gal.png

But when I go look at the DownloadHeaders I get a 203 message.

4gal.png

And the team also confirms that the file is not showing up in the S3 bucket.

Why does this work in designer and not the gallery? Is there some setting I need to change?

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @LBCoEnterprises,

when it's working locally and the Server execution is failing with a 403 error most of the time I see this is coming from the firewall - so you are simply not allowed to reach this specific URL.

I would recommend to check with your IT team designing the routes and firewall rules within your AWS account incl. the server.

On the other hand you could also check out the native Amazon S3 Upload Tool.

Best regards,

David

LBCoEnterprises
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @DavidSta , I am currently checking with our organization for possible firewall exceptions.

You mentioned the native Amazon S3 connectors. Will those work correctly when run from the gallery?

DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @LBCoEnterprises, this one should work on the Gallery as well by using the "Hide" encryption method.

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/amazon-s3-download-tool

Labels