Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using DCM with In-DB connection?

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

According to this https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/dcm-supported-connectors-and-tools DCM is supported for In-DB connectors, but I don't see any way to set up a new DCM connection for use with In-DB (or any way to see existing DCM connections when in the Connect In-DB configuration, either.)  What am I missing?

Thank you!!

13 REPLIES 13
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @CMichaelBNSF - Given the link I assume that you are on 2022.3? Firstly, you need to enable DCM:

ArtApa_0-1675116167970.png

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/dcm-designer

You will then be able to see DCM in your Manage In-DB Connections window:

ArtApa_1-1675116287967.png

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

Ahh - I was expecting it to be an option in the individual tool configuration, like it is for the standard Input tool.  Thanks very much, and I hope this helps someone else down the road!

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa We're about to upgrade our Server from 2021.4 to 2022.1, so most of our users are still working in 21.4.  I don't see the DCM option in 21.4 under Manage In-DB Connections - should I just tell my users to wait until 22.1 or 22.3 before using DCM for In-DB?

Thanks!

2023-01-30_16-32-00.png

2023-01-30_16-30-01.png

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CMichaelBNSF - Have you restarted your Designer?

ArtApa_0-1675118877093.png

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa yes, I did restart the Designer.  And other DCM connections/setup are working fine on that 2021.4 installation.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CMichaelBNSF - Yep, it looks like DCM support for In-DB was introduced later. Your users will have to upgrade to a newer version to be able to use this functionality.

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much for confirming that @ArtApa .  Really appreciate your help!

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

FYI -- We recently published a KB on publishing In-DB using DCM to Server:

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hi Ed,

The KB says it works on 2021.4, but I don't think that's correct.  I'm on 2021.4.47802 and don't see the DCM option under Manage Connections for In-DB.

Must be a later version.  We have DCM working on Azure SQL Databases for non-In-DB connections on server though.

Thanks,
Ken

Labels