Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using DCM with In-DB connection?

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

According to this https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/dcm-supported-connectors-and-tools DCM is supported for In-DB connectors, but I don't see any way to set up a new DCM connection for use with In-DB (or any way to see existing DCM connections when in the Connect In-DB configuration, either.)  What am I missing?

Thank you!!

13 REPLIES 13
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @CMichaelBNSF - Given the link I assume that you are on 2022.3? Firstly, you need to enable DCM:

ArtApa_0-1675116167970.png

https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/dcm-designer

You will then be able to see DCM in your Manage In-DB Connections window:

ArtApa_1-1675116287967.png

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

Ahh - I was expecting it to be an option in the individual tool configuration, like it is for the standard Input tool.  Thanks very much, and I hope this helps someone else down the road!

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa We're about to upgrade our Server from 2021.4 to 2022.1, so most of our users are still working in 21.4.  I don't see the DCM option in 21.4 under Manage In-DB Connections - should I just tell my users to wait until 22.1 or 22.3 before using DCM for In-DB?

Thanks!

2023-01-30_16-32-00.png

2023-01-30_16-30-01.png

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CMichaelBNSF - Have you restarted your Designer?

ArtApa_0-1675118877093.png

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa yes, I did restart the Designer.  And other DCM connections/setup are working fine on that 2021.4 installation.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CMichaelBNSF - Yep, it looks like DCM support for In-DB was introduced later. Your users will have to upgrade to a newer version to be able to use this functionality.

CMichaelBNSF
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much for confirming that @ArtApa .  Really appreciate your help!

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

FYI -- We recently published a KB on publishing In-DB using DCM to Server:

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hi Ed,

The KB says it works on 2021.4, but I don't think that's correct.  I'm on 2021.4.47802 and don't see the DCM option under Manage Connections for In-DB.

Must be a later version.  We have DCM working on Azure SQL Databases for non-In-DB connections on server though.

Thanks,
Ken

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels