Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Use formatted excel template on output

marydjc
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to re-use a formatted excel spreadsheet and fill it with the data from the workflow. The output is setting the data on the cell I want to but the format from the template is lost once the Workflow has ran. The configuration I am using I have used it before with other workflows and it worked in the past but it suddenly it stopped working.

Is there a bug in Alteryx Designer preventing to re-use formatted outputs or is it my configuration that needs change? I am sharing my configuration.

Thanks in advance for any tip that would help me solve this issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

That preserve formatting is unreliable. You can use custom formatting in your excel. That way once data is populated your cells will be formatted as you require. Custom formatting is not overwritten by Alteryx so it stays.

This will be one of the best approach if you are dumping good amount of data in template. If it’s just some calculations then the method explained by @32bit I would be ideal.

marydjc
7 - Meteor

@Gaurav_Dhama_ that is what I've been trying to do, but once the output is generated, the formatting (headers, cell color) from the template is missed.

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

I think I mentioned it wrong. Conditional formatting is what I was referring to. Conditional formatting will stay, any other kind of formatting will get overwritten.

ShubhamAlt
5 - Atom

@marydjc

Hello, I am also trying to achieve what you have been trying. Did you finally got any solution ?

Labels