Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Urgent: Alteryx Running Very Slowly and Not Responding

jvalcareng002
6 - Meteoroid

I recently downloaded 2021.1 as an admin, and ever since I downloaded the new program my designer is running extremely slowly and the interface pauses continuously for sometimes minutes at a time. Even selecting tools, moving tools, and clicking on tools sometimes takes minutes, and Alteryx shows as "Not Responding". I've tried troubleshooting my computer, but this has not fixed the problem. I'm not sure what else to do.

2 REPLIES 2
miguelm
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jvalcareng002 

I'm sorry you are having performance issues with Alteryx, please note that version 2021.1 has been pulled down from our download site due to a major defect(DE28677). The next best step is to uninstall 2021.1 and roll back to your previous stable Alteryx version.  Please ensure you have a stable Mongo DB backup available from your previous version.  

Please keep in mind for any urgent issues that greatly impact production, it is better to submit an official case with Alteryx support for proper assistance.  Support can be reached at support@alteryx.com.  

Best regards

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@miguelm Where can we find more information on specific defects? Especially in the latest versions. Can you provide a link?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels