Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

UpdateText Input after calculation in Alteryx

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a text Input which needs to be updated (adding data) after each Alteryx run (only once a day).

You may can help me wich Icons I have to use for that?

Any help is very appreciated.

Regards,

Pascal

5 REPLIES 5
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pascal_R ,

does "text input" mean, the workflow contains a Text Input tool that needs to be updated once a day or is it a text file? And - if it's a Text Input tool - would it be possible to use a text file instead?

Best,

Roland

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland,

Thats a good question.. I try todo the similar I have on Microsoft Database where it simply updates a table within the database.

Not sure what is the best soluation to use a text Input tool or text file to make that work.

Regards,

Pascal

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think, the best approach (if you don't want to use the database) would be to use a text file. I've attached a sample workflow reading from a text file and writing back to the file to illustrate. What do you think?

Best,

Roland

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland

Can you please send me a screenshot of it? I can't open the workflow.

"This workflow was created by a more recent version of Alteryx, and may contain tools or functionality not present in this version. Alteryx does not support using an earlier version of Alteryx to open a workflow created with a newer version. For best results, download the latest version of Alteryx."

Regards,

Pascal

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Pascal,

of course ...

25-05-_2020_10-16-23.png

And one additional hint - you can change the version by editing the .yxmd file using a simple text editor, set the version number to your version and save the workflow..

25-05-_2020_10-17-00.png

Brest,

Roland

Labels