Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update "Input Data Source Template" field in dynamic input tool

Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

My input data tool and dynamic input tool both always refer to same excel file. How to make sure that the  "Input Data Source Template" field updates automatically whenever I update the excel file in my input data tool?

Chirag_KRCPL_0-1658122117466.png

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Chirag_KRCPL any changes to the input file will get updated in the dynamic input tool by default if you use the same input file in both input tool and dynamic input tool

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Chirag_KRCPL ,

The template you use in the dynamic input is just to say how the file will be read automatically.

So even if the anchor input file path is different from the file that is contained in the dynamic input configuration.

The anchor input file will always be read. So if it's an excel file that's in anchor input that needs to be read, it has to be an excel in dynamic input.

If it's a CSV, it must be a CSV in the dynamic input and so on.

Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

@Emmanuel_G @binuacs Thankyou for your response!!

Labels