Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update new column with conditional formula

Thiviya
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am tyring to include the conditional formula and update the new column that I have created. with details. How do I do that.

As an example I have created new column "Tax Treatment", in this column I would like to have word " CCO" if the Master project ID column has the value such with CP numbers. 

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Thiviya 

You could have exported your workflow with excel bases.
I couldn't understand what you want to do with the dynamic formula, its objective was not clear.,

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Thiviya To help us out, please go to the Options menu and click on "Export Workflow". 

Export.png

After that, make sure all of your dataset check boxes are checked and your file location is where you want it, then click "Save."

Export Workflow Pop-up.PNG

You'll find your exported workflow in the location you chose. It will be a .yxzp file with a green icon. Upload that here so we can test your workflow and help you find a solution.

Thiviya
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the update. Attached the updated workflow.

Thanks

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hi @Thiviya 

I have updated your formula a bit. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Formula: 

IIF(Contains([Master Project ID], 'CP'),'CCO','NA')

Capture.PNG

Thiviya
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. That works. Really appreciated. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels