Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Value & Filter

LHC
5 - Atom

I'm struggling on how to update the value for the filter based on the user's selection (using the Interface Drop Down tool).

The default selection in the filter tool is Field1=5. How could I set it automatically update the filter to = other numbers (ex: 4, if the user selects 4)?

lilyhchen_1-1625264458538.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

This is easier with a numeric drop-down which allows for any value form 1-10 and default set to 5. Why? because it's designed for numbers. Name/Value pairs less so. So to get around that - you use a numeric and then have it set to update the filter. Filter and action tool  for some reason seems to work cleaner (at least for me) when it's updating a customized filter- and not a simple filter. If you are using the numbers as standins for actual questions - you can use action tool set to formula mode with tonumber([#1]) to replace the 5... I've attached a version like that as well.

Also -your interface designer needs to say that you want to see the browse windows as results... See attached.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LHC 

If you use the Basic filter of Filter tool, as @apathetichell says you have to change the field type to number.

So if you use the Custom filter of Filter tool, you can update the value by the simple way at Action tool.

1. Change the Custom filter at Filter tool

AkimasaKajitani_1-1625282899202.png

2. Change the option as following.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1625282863765.png

LHC
5 - Atom

@apathetichell and @AkimasaKajitani - Awesome, it works! Thank you both!

Labels