Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Union

Bhupendv
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have the same data set for each quarter in a year, after adding them in Alteryx the date is shown as "Double", tried using "Select" but the date option is there in the drop-down..  I tried using "Parse" - DateTime, but nothing is happening 

I have uploaded the alteryx flow and data, any support would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Bhupendv This is happening because the date data present in excel contains DATE formula. I would suggest to directly have data as 04/01/22 in the cell instead of using formula (=DATE(2022,4,1))

Sapna Gupta
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Bhupendv ,

When you typed the date formulas in Excel, copy/paste the values ​​on these same columns to keep the values ​​without keeping the formulas.

By doing this, you will keep good dates in feed input and the parsing in the select tool will be done without worries.

You will find the proof in screenshot below with the 3 excel files on which I applied the copy-paste values ​​and the unchanged alteryx flow.

Let me know if there is an issue. 😀

Emmanuel_G_0-1662479097942.png

Labels