Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to translate alias

menghsun
5 - Atom

We have a Alterxy workflow program running in the desktop Alteryx designer. After the workflow is completed, we receive the error message of "Unable to translate alias". I saw the similar error business cases for other user due to the Alteryx Server Gallery database connection in the community discussion.  However, we did not schedule the workflow in Server but still have the same message in desktop. I am wondering if this is caused by the different Alteryx Developer version. One of my colleague has the lower version of Alteryx Developer and did not have the issue. Another colleague has the higher version and always has this error message after completing the workflow. The fact is that the report result of both users create are matching. 

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You most likely have the DSNs named differently on each user's machines, so when it goes to query the database, one person's machine can't find the DSN as it was named by the other individual. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels