Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to create a backup in the network drive an unexpected network error(59)

Ela2136
5 - Atom

IMG-20221021-WA0010.jpg

 Whenever I try to run recently, I notice I wouldn't be able to create a backup in my shared drive. It create a first excel file and it fails to create a backup. I can able to create both excel file and a backup if I store locally. 

I can manually access the shared drive without any issues. 

I have tried with the different file project issue exists while trying to save in the shared network drive. 

Any leads would be really helpful. 

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Ela2136 

Can you post a better image.  It's impossible to see what the error might actually be.  Post an image of the results pane separately from the workflow.  What kind of shared drive are you writing to?

Dan

Ela2136
5 - Atom

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply, and sorry about the picture. 

The exact error is " Unable to create a backup of \\onw\ alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx to \\onw\alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx. An unexpected network error occurred(59). 

The error occurs for all projects. It is a shared network drive to which our team has access. 

Ela2136
5 - Atom

Hi danilang,

Correction the error should be " Unable to create a backup of \\onw\ alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx to \\onw\alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx.bak: an unexpected network error occurred(59).

Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Ela2136 

What type of shared drive provider is this?  

Also:  Did you transcribe the error message, or copy it?  There is an extra space just before alteryx in the first path in your error.  "\\onw\ alteryx" vs "\\onw\alteryx" 

"Unable to create a backup of \\onw\ alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx to \\onw\alteryx\share\output\result.xlsx

Dan

Ela2136
5 - Atom

Thank you Dan for the help

Labels