Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to close "Tour" screen

SDeora
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone! 

Facing a peculiar issue - upon booting Alteryx Designer (both 2019.4 & 2019.1), I'm unable to get rid of the tour pop up - the one where "Close Tour" or "Start". I've tried clicking on both of them but nothing works.

I've been on 2019.4 since earlier this year and never had this issue - suddenly this morning I could not do this anymore, tried rebooting several times, reinstalling several times, downgraded to 2019.1, cleared temp files.

As the pop-up wont go away, I cant work anymore 😞

7 REPLIES 7
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If it's blocking you from working then I would contact support immediately. support@alteryx.com

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SDeora ,

Check under Help -> About , if your serial number is blank you will need enter your email address.

Here are the steps : 

Go to Option -> Manage licenses -> click on the round icon (settings) and select "View Partner Data Licence manager" (it will prompt for Admin privilege, you do not need those to change the serial).

on the top you should see Machine Serial Number, press Edit and change your email accordingly.

Thanks!

Paul T.

SDeora
7 - Meteor

I cant close the pop-up and go to help menu... 😞

PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you access : "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxLicenseManager.exe" (admin-install) your installation path might be under appdata (non-admin).

From there you will able to open the license manager.

Paul T.

SDeora
7 - Meteor

Now i'm stuck here! same thing - upon clicking any button nothing seems to happen:

SDeora_0-1603197611433.png

PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Could you send an email at fulfillment@alteryx.com.

We will take it from there.

Paul T.

Labels