Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Launch Alteryx - Entry Point Not Found

Bilbottom
7 - Meteor

I've been using Designer 2021.1 and 2021.2 (and some of the 2020.* versions) on a Windows machine without issues for almost a year. We've recently got an Alteryx Server up and running, but when I tried publishing some workflows, I got errors indicating that my version of Designer was later than the Alteryx Server version, and the workflows would not run at all on Server.

I uninstalled my Designer without issues, then installed the 2020.4 version. The installation worked fine right until the end where I got the following error:

AlteryxError.png

After closing this error, the installer window reported that the installation had worked successfully, but I cannot launch Designer at all. The Designer .exe file is in the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin directory, but running it does nothing.

I uninstalled the 2020.4 version without issues and re-installed the 2021.1 version, but that produced the same error and running the executable does not launch the application.

Is there anything else I should try doing to get Designer to work? I've never had this issue when upgrading versions, only now when I tried to install an earlier version.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Bilbottom 

One thing you can try is installing the older version in a different subdirectory "c:\program files\Alteyx_2020".  This might give you a clean install.  If the problem still occurs, you should reach out to support@alteryx.com.

Dan

Bilbottom
7 - Meteor

Thanks danilang, I ended up deleting my C:\Programs\Alteryx directory (and the Alteryx ones in AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming) after uninstalling again, and reinstalling after that worked fine. Appreciate the help

Labels