Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

USE CONTROL CONTAINERS AS FILTER FOR INTERFACE TOOLS INSTEAD OF CHAINED APP

vibes360
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have an Analytics App with different Interface tools such as the Date and List box tools. I want my app to work as when a user selects an option in the first List box, only data associated with that selected option is shown in the second list box. For example, if the first List box is a selection of Continents and the user selects Europe, then, in the Second List Box, only countries in Europe such as Spain, Germany, France should come up.

When I put Interface tools inside a Control Container, I get an error that Interface tools are not compatible with Control Containers

I have attached a screenshot of my workflow below. Please how can I use the new functionality in Alteryx of Control Containers to achieve this logic instead of using multiple chained apps which is cumbersome

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @vibes360 , this can be achieved by chaining your apps. Check out this video on how to do it. 

@vibes360 , sorry I just re-read your post and noticed you don't want to use chained apps. I'm not sure it's possible w/ control containers but I'll test it out and report back. 

Looks like interface tools are not supported in Control Containers at this time 

Labels