Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

US Geocoder

Carolyne
8 - Asteroid

I'm mapping two separate data sets- one customer addresses and the second data sets grocery stores close by. How can I layer this data together and also output two different colors to identify the customers address and grocery stores. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Carolyne, I believe you are looking for the Report Map tool. You can Join your two layers and have them both available separately for mapping.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@Carolyne It's correct that the report map is likely what you're looking for. Think of this as a union where each of your data streams are combined into separate layers, creating a map. You can customize each layer to your needs.

I've attached a simple example (I'm based in Atlanta so it uses Mercedes-Benz Stadium and a few Publix stores in the area) to give you an idea of where to start from.

Good luck!

Report Map.png

NJT
11 - Bolide

If you want to append distances to your data set for analysis from a store list and customer list, I figured out how to do that by reading this thread and piecing it together. I think a whole separate post on mapping expert tips may be in order as I feel like this is a common need but I found it hard to find what I was looking for on the community. 

Labels