Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Turning a grid of points into polygons

robertcox
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with a file that contains points representing a 5X5 km grid and I am stumped on converting the points to polygons.  I know I've done in the past, I'm just drawing a blank on what I did.  The image below is what the file currently looks like.  Any help is appreciated!

robertcox_0-1615409580476.png

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@robertcox

If you're trying to take all of your points and turn them into 1 polygon, the convex hull option in the poly-build tool should hopefully work!

If you're trying to take each point and put a circle around it with a specified diameter, the trade area tool should do the trick!

robertcox
6 - Meteoroid

Appreciate the advice.  Do you know of a way to make a square around each polygon?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@robertcox Sure, I think you can use a trade area tool to create a circle and then the spatial info to get the bounding rectangle a as a polygon, which should be a square in this case. See attached for a random point, you should be able to do it for all of your points.

patrick_digan_0-1615475170476.png

robertcox
6 - Meteoroid

That should work!  Thanks!

Labels