Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to determine if a 2 different cells have a number and return a statement if so

binsell
8 - Asteroid

Hi All - I'm sure this is a simple formula but I can't see to get it right! I'm new to Alteryx and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a simple version of my data so you can see what the input is and what I want the output to look like. I have two different columns that I'm trying to see if one of them contains a number, to return a bespoke statement in the comments column. If these said 2 columns don't have a number in them, just return blank (empty in comments field for that SID). Once you see the attachment, hopefully it will make some sense! Thank you in advance :) 

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@binsell 
by " if one of them contains a number", I interprete that there is also case that it contains characters?

I use a RegEx to check if any of the two cells having integer or dicimal number.

0220-binsell.png

binsell
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you so much for this :) 

Labels