Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Truncated Text Fields Cause Invalid Property Error in MS Access

abragg0103
7 - Meteor

I know this may end up being an Access question but I thought I'd start here since it only happens when I use Alteryx to create the file.

So I have an odd issue. I ingest a very large file into Alteryx and select just a few columns to export into an Excel document. This excel document is used by a few Access databases for various processes. However, some of the text fields I have have character limits of 500 in the original system. When I ingest into Alteryx, I get the truncated conversion error because the default field size on the import is 254.Large Text fields truncatedLarge Text fields truncated

So, to avoid the truncation, I changed the import character limit to 500. This fixes that issue. However, doing so causes this error whenever I try to run a query on the excel output file in Access:Access errorAccess error

Even if I set it back to 254 and truncate the text fields, I still get the above Access error. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Note: my files and workflow contain confidential data so I cannot upload them.

1 REPLY 1
abragg0103
7 - Meteor

I figured it out myself. Turns out that Access is just dumb and it's not an Alteryx thing.

Labels