Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trouble with column widths - can I force the size?

alteryxisconfusing
8 - Asteroid

Attached is my input (raw data) and the desired crosstab I'm trying to make.

I got pretty close to getting the desired output (using the table and render tools), except when I open the output I can see the table and formatting, but the text is cut off in some areas in both the column headers and the row details.

I found out if I switch to a custom page size like 36x20 it will show all the text shows. Problem is this stretches on my other tabs (in the same output workbook) columns to a size that is much longer than they need to be.

Here is an example of what the column width issue when I open the outputted file:

alteryxisconfusing_1-1666405398323.png

If I go back to the default rendering page size like "tabloid 11 x 17" I get the following error when running the flow "The current page layout has caused some data to be incorrectly truncated and the Excel file to be corrupted. We recommend modifying how the data is laid out." The columns in my other tabs go back to the correct automatic sizes, but the crosstab sheet text gets truncated.

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@alteryxisconfusing the custom size will affect all the tabs in the excel file when you use the render tool, I think this is a known issue, the below post by @ChrisTX will give you some idea about it. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-Tool-Excel-Column-Width-Formatt...

alteryxisconfusing
8 - Asteroid

Aw bummer, so sounds like an issue that still needs to be resolved. Any idea when Alteryx will address this defect?

Labels