Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transpose Text data to one line

Cathy
5 - Atom

Hi Expert

I would like to transpose some text data from 3 columns roll to one line and sample data like this:

May I have your advice, thank you.

Raw Data

Transaction ReferenceInstrument NumberPayment Amount
Beneficiary NameDelivery MethodCurrent Status
Issue DatePayment LocationBeneficiary Charges
ABC-00001123456                     10.00
Simon LamMAILPAID
03/05/2021HKG                     13.00

Expected Result

Transaction ReferenceInstrument NumberPayment AmountBeneficiary NameDelivery MethodCurrent StatusIssue DatePayment LocationBeneficiary Charges
ABC-00001123456                 10.00Simon LamMAILPAID03/05/2021HKG                     13.00
4 REPLIES 4
Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

Hey

Here is one way how you may achieve that.
Capture1.PNG

Please note that if you are using Input Data Tool instead of Text Input I used, select option "First Row Contains Data" like so:

Capture2.PNG

Cathy
5 - Atom
Transaction ReferenceInstrument NumberPayment Amount
Beneficiary NameDelivery MethodCurrent Status
Issue DatePayment LocationBeneficiary Charges

Thanks for prompt reply, it's work.

May i know if have two or more groups of data (presented like items 1 to item 9, and next set of item#1 to 9), may i have your advice how to amend the "tile" settings, so that the workflow could be create two lines of data.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Cathy 

FYI. (There is a half dynamic solution for you, don't need manual rename or order the field. )

录制_2024_07_05_16_53_08_384.gif

Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

@Cathy

Attached modification of my previous workflow should be working no matter how many row of data you will import for your template.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels